HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JUNE 19, 2019 BOARD MEETING
In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities,
the following are highlights of the June 19 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert. Also present was
administrative assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The May 29, 2019 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The director’s reports were reviewed and approved.
5. Chairman Vogel reviewed revised board committee assignments.
6. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert provided an update on a broadband fiber to the home project with PSC.
b. Seibert informed the board of a Cooperatives One capital distribution.
c. Seibert provided a Riverview Energy update. Air permits have been approved.
d. Seibert reviewed a RUS cushion of credit analysis.
e. Seibert informed the board the capital credit notices will be mailed to former members on July 12.
Current members of Southern Indiana Power are no longer required to complete a capital credit
notice. Checks will be issued in November.
f. Seibert reported Apprentice Linemen Ryan Cassidy and Clint Heeke will obtain journeyman
lineman status on June 21.
g. Seibert updated directors on right of way maintenance and spray crew activity.
h. Seibert provided an update on AMI meter installation. Close to 1,000 new meters (approximately 10%)
have been installed.
i. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: Annual Meeting Committee June 21,
CFC Forum July 1-3, PC Chamber Business Awards July 23, NRECA Regional meeting Sept. 5-6.
7. A safety meeting is scheduled for June 24. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and
no public liability claims to report.
8. Seibert reviewed the 2018-2019 Strategic Plan initiatives and action plans.
9. Director Gary Waninger was selected voting delegate and Director Randy Kleaving was selected
alternate for the NRECA Regional meeting to be held September 5-6.
10. Director Kleaving was selected voting delegate and Director G. Waninger alternate for the CFC
Regional meeting to be held in conjunction with the NRECA Regional meeting.
11. Director Kleaving reported on a IEC board meeting held June 19.
12. A Marketing Committee Meeting was scheduled for July 29 at 8 a.m.
13. A director system tour has been scheduled for August 2.
14. Chairman Jeff Vogel shared thank you notes received from the Christian Resource Center, Samantha
Stephens and Spencer County Council on Aging.
15. The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be Wed., July 31.