Board Meeting Highlights
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OCTOBER 31, 2018 BOARD MEETING
In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are
highlights of the October 31 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa
Hinton. Also present were System Engineer Todd Hammond, Line Superintendent Steve Fortwendel,
Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum along with Gary Moody of Aclara and Michelle Griffin of Anixter.
2. The September 19, 2018 board meeting and September 27, 2018 special board meeting minutes were
reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The director report was reviewed and approved.
5. Moody and Griffin provided an overview for a 2019-2022 upgrade to the cooperative’s AMI system.
6. Seibert provided a capital credit process update and reviewed the capital credit retirement plan.
7. Seibert reviewed 2018-2019 Strategic Plan critical issues and action plans.
8. The first item of new business was the CEO report with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert provided a Cooperative’s One update.
b. Seibert presented a Federated insurance update.
c. Seibert reported the cooperative was issued a $1,700 capital credit allocation and a $341 capital
credit retirement check from United Utility Supply.
d. Seibert reported Southern Indiana Power employees participated in IEC’s Community Day by
completing three community projects in Perry and Spencer counties.
e. Seibert informed the board right-of-way clearing has begun for the MISO Duff-Coleman project.
f. Seibert reported on 2018 member information meeting results.
g. Seibert informed directors of the following dates: Indiana Electric Cooperative legislative dinner
November 19; Indiana Electric Cooperative annual meeting December 3-4, NRECA Annual Meeting
9. Seibert discussed the distributed generation rate for consumers with small power generation
systems up to 50 kW. The 2019 avoided cost rate for members who produce energy and sell it
back on the electric grid will remain the same as the 2018 rate of $0.0326/kWh.
10. Directors reviewed section five, director nominations, of the NRECA good governance task
11. Jon Elkins, job training and safety instructor with Indiana Electric Cooperatives conducted all
inspections of equipment on October 24. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and
one public liability claim to report.
12. A policy & bylaw committee meeting has been scheduled for November 21.
13. Director G. Waninger reported on an Operation Round Up trustees meeting held on October 24. Six grant
applications totaling $13,000 were approved for funding.
14. Director G. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held October 8.
15. Director Kleaving reported on an Indiana Electric Cooperative board meeting held October 17.
16. The cooperative received thank you notes from St. Meinrad Volunteer Fire Department,
St. Meinrad American Legion, Indiana National Farmers Organization and Junior
Achievement – Perry district.
17. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday,
November 28 at 6:00 pm.