Board Meeting Highlights
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OCTOBER 25 BOARD MEETING
In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the October 25 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
- The September 20, 2017 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The Director’s Report was reviewed and approved.
- Seibert provided a capital credit process update and reviewed the capital credit retirement plan.
- Seibert reviewed 2016-2017 Strategic Plan critical issues and action plans.
- The first item of new business was the CEO report with Seibert reporting the following items:
- Seibert provided an update on the proposed annexation by the city of Tell City.
- Seibert reported letters were mailed to members who have an Air Evac membership letting them know that in an emergency situation they should always ask for Air Evac services whenever possible particularly in Spencer County.
- Seibert reported on a proposed ordinance in the town of Santa Claus that would require utility structures to be underground.
- Seibert informed the board Meter Tech, Eric Faulkenberg graduated from the HEATS program. A graduation ceremony was held October 20.
- Seibert reported Lloyd Arnold; state representative for district 74 has resigned. He has been appointed to lead DNR law enforcement by Governor Eric Holcomb.
- Seibert informed the board 2017 member information meetings are ongoing.
- Seibert reported Southern Indiana Power employees participated in IEC’s Community Day by completing four community projects in Perry and Spencer counties.
- Seibert informed directors of the following dates: Indiana Electric Cooperative Legislative Dinner November 20; Indiana Electric Cooperative Annual Meeting December 4-5.
- Chuck Tiemann, Senior Risk Management/Regulatory Compliance with Indiana Electric Cooperatives conducted a personal truck, tool, and winch line inspection on October 6. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Director G. Waninger reported on an Operation Round Up trustees meeting held on October 18. Thirteen grant applications totaling $16,960 were approved for funding.
- Director G. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held October 9.
- Director Kleaving reported on an Indiana Electric Cooperative board meeting held October 18.
- Director G. Waninger was selected delegate and Chairman Vogel alternate to the 2018 NRECA annual meeting. Chairman Vogel was selected delegate and Director G. Waninger alternate to the 2018 CFC annual meeting to be held in conjunction with the NRECA annual meeting.
- The cooperative received thank you notes from St. Meinrad American Legion, Town of Santa Claus Park and Recreation Dept., Senator Erin Houchin, Indiana National Farmers Organization, Senator Joe Donnelly, St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church and St. Marks Catholic Church.
- The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, November 29 at 6:00 pm.